Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Blessed With Wealth

I am blessed indeed for lack of wealth; instead the Lord has given health.

I’ve muscles strong that my commands fulfill, and knowledge of God, his plan, his will

I walk on feet so strong and firm; I can work, toil, and earn.

I have children who walk with me, they know their worth and truth they see.

I have a friend, my wife, my love; she too is there, an angel sent from above.

I have no want for food or clothes, and I can laugh, or cry, or both.

My life’s been hard but I’ll no’ complain, for in those trials I’ve so much gained.

Yes, I am blessed with lack of wealth, at least as measured by the worldly scale.

But rich I am, more so than kings, for I’ve much more a valuable thing.

Knowledge within of who I am, a heart of faith, which helps me stand.

Yes, a quiet assurance fills my soul, I am known, and loved and full.

So now, the quest before me lies, to find the ones with battered lives.

To seek the ones who’ve lost their way, through affliction, pain, or discouragement’s sway.

To understand instead of judge, and see their world, through eyes of love.

Yes, I am blessed with lack of wealth, but more than that, I’ve hands to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment